Staying disciplined with a healthy lifestyle is difficult enough, but adding travel and vacation into the mix can really throw off your schedule and knock you off track. RuK has complied five helpful tips to keep your ass in gear whether you're enjoying a vacation or busy traveling for business.
1. Grab some snacks before your flight. Stop at the airport convenience store or pack your bag with healthy and filling snacks such as nuts or protein bars to avoid unnecessary hunger. You do not want you end up beelining it to the closest fast food spot before your trip even starts.
2. Write out your workout routine ahead of time. There's a good chance your hotel gym won't have the equipment you're used to or needing in order to get that great workout in. To keep you from wandering around the gym without a plan, write it down before you head in. Body weight HIIT circuits or some sprint style cardio workouts are always a safe bet. (RuK Tip: Pack resistance bands or a jump rope in your bag to ensure the best possible workout.)
3. Get your workout done in the morning. Just trust us on this one. Whether you're on the road for business or taking time off on vacation, if you don't get your workout out of the way in the morning, it probably won't happen. Hitting the gym or going for a run on the beach first thing in the morning will set you up for success for the rest of the day. It will also probably make you feel a little less guilty about over indulging during meals.
4. Skip the pina coladas – Opt for the vodka/soda or tequila/soda with lime instead of the mixed frozen drinks. Over doing it on sugary drinks will have you feeling bloated and sluggish, which is the last thing you want to feel while on your trip. Plus, wouldn't you rather eat those extra calories instead?!
5. Keep your meals light – Take advantage of where you’re staying. It's always a good idea to go for the fresh local cuisine! If you're vacationing on an island, grab a fresh fruit plate for breakfast or a local catch of the day fish for lunch or dinner. (RuK Tip: Look at the restaurant menu ahead of time and plan accordingly!)
So why RuK?
RuK's features provide you with compartments to store snacks, meal prep, beverages, gym clothes, gym accessories, and other personal items you may need for your upcoming trip. Not to mention it has SOLAR POWER to keep you charged wherever you go. Click this link and use discount code "RUKON15" for 15% off all RuK products.